What is Archive:
To show your nodes or content category wise or list your content month or year wise with a total number of nodes/content count in particular category or month/year.
In the left side image you can see the archive as month wise.
It is very easy to create archive in drupal using drupal view
- Taxonomy: The name of Drupal’s core (included) module for classification.
- Category: The label used in the Administer area for configuring taxonomy. Also, the name of a contributed (add-on) module for classification.
- Vocabulary: A group of taxonomy terms.
- Term: A label (of a taxonomy vocabulary) that can be applied to an item.
- Labels, Tags: other words that are sometimes loosely applied to mean the same thing as “Term.”
Creating Archive using taxonomy term:
Suppose you have following taxonomy terms
And the contents are
1 Blog – Business, Technology
1 Blog – Lifestyle, Technology, Politics
1 Blog – Business, Politics
And you want the Archive Page/Block as
- Business (2)
- Lifestyle (1)
- Politics (2)
- Technology (2)
You can achieve this by using drupal views
Step 1: Create a new view of content.
Step 2: Add a contextual filter.
Under the Advance option click on contextual filter and add the filter as Content: Has taxonomy term ID
Base Path is your blog page path.